Don't let drips get you down! With a little elbow grease and some sanding, you can get rid of those pesky drips!
Patty's back with another episode of Oh SH*T - the ultimate series for troubleshooting the most common resining issues! Today Patty's tackling the biggest party pooper of all ... DRIPS.
You measure, mix and pour.
You spread, cover and wait.
You come back to check and ....
well, hellloooooo there!!!
Your piece looks BEAUTIFUL!!
Crystal clear and perfect!
You pick it up to admire its gorgeous glossiness and that's when you feel them ....
DRIPS!! Tons of DRIPS!!
The back of your piece is covered in drips, like hundreds of rock hard resin icicles.
Aw, come ON!!!
How the heck did that happen?
How am I going to get these off??
How can I prevent these from happening next time???
Stay calm, folks - Patty's got you.
And she's going to explain how to get rid of the little buggers AND how to prevent them in the first place.
( One word ... TAPE. Tape is your best defense in the fight against drips! )
Take THAT, drips!
FYI - we love using a product called Tuck Tape, found in the insulation aisle of your local hardware store. It's waterproof, non-porous, has good stick and peels off easily! You can definitely use good old fashioned painter's tape too, but since it's a little more porous, the resin may soak in and under the tape.
With either tape, your best bet is to pull off that sucker at the 24hr mark - much easier to pull off before it has fully bonded!
Is there an issue you'd like to see covered on an upcoming episode of Oh Sh*t?!
Let us know in the comments below!!
Do you want to learn more about troubleshooting epoxy resin? Read our guides below:
- ArtResin’s Troubleshooting Guide
- Tips To Prevent Bubbles
- Can I Fix Small Imperefection In My Resin?
- Is It Possible To Overstir My ArtResin?
- How Do I Remove Epoxy Resin Drips?
- Is It Possible To Over Torch My ArtResin?
- Epoxy Resin Non Hardening
- How To Prevent Bendy Resin
- How To Fix Soft, Sticky Spots In My Resin?
- How Can I Avoid Getting Dimples In My Epoxy Resin?
- How Do I Get Bubbles Out Of Epoxy Resin?
- How To Reduce Dust Before Your Resin?
- How Can I Get Rid Of Bubbles In My Cured Resin?
- How Can I Fix Dust In My Epoxy Resin?
- What Happens If I Overtorch Resin?
- Why Does My Resin Look Milky?
- Why Is My Epoxy Resin Still Sticky?
- Why Is My Resin Bendy?
- Why Are There Bare Spots In My Cured Resin?
- What Does Silicone Do To Resin?