Milky resin happens when your resin is full of soooo many teeny tiny microbubbles that it makes the resin look cloudy. Most often, it happens when your resin is too COLD.
Patty's here with another episode of Oh SH*T to help explain, and to show you how to prevent this common problem from ever happening again ....
A few days later, you’ve got your first piece propped, prepped and ready to coat in crystal clear ArtResin epoxy resin … all you need is for your order to arrive.
All of a sudden you hear a truck outside …
YESSSS!! YOUR RESIN IS HERE!!!
The delivery man trudges through the snow and hands you an icy cold box.
Excitedly, you tear it open, mix your 1:1 ratio of resin and hardener for 3 solid minutes and pour it on your piece.
As you spread it around, you notice there are a lot of bubbles ….
Like there are A LOT of teeny tiny bubbles …
In fact, there are SO many bubbles, that the torch can’t even get them all out!
What the heck??
It doesn’t look like this in ArtResin’s videos ….
Sadly this is based on a true story, friends.
A good, but unfortunate, example of what happens when your resin is TOO COLD.
Like lots of things in life, that perfect resin finish is worth waiting for ( at least until your resin gets to room temperature )
Check out today’s video - Patty will walk you through everything you need to know to ensure you get a beautiful, glossy, clear, ArtResin epoxy resin finish.
Have you checked out our other Oh SH*T episodes?
Patty tackles issues like bubbles, voids and sticky resin.
If you've ever found yourself looking at your piece saying ..."Oh sh*t ...", you're going to love this series!!
Do you want to learn more about troubleshooting epoxy resin? Read our guides below:
- ArtResin’s Troubleshooting Guide
- Tips To Prevent Bubbles
- Can I Fix Small Imperefection In My Resin?
- Is It Possible To Overstir My ArtResin?
- How Do I Remove Epoxy Resin Drips?
- Is It Possible To Over Torch My ArtResin?
- Epoxy Resin Non Hardening
- How To Prevent Bendy Resin
- How To Fix Soft, Sticky Spots In My Resin?
- How Can I Avoid Getting Dimples In My Epoxy Resin?
- How Do I Get Bubbles Out Of Epoxy Resin?
- How To Reduce Dust Before Your Resin?
- How Can I Get Rid Of Bubbles In My Cured Resin?
- How Can I Fix Dust In My Epoxy Resin?
- How Can I Deal With Epoxy Resin Drips After They've Dried?
- What Happens If I Overtorch Resin?
- Why Is My Epoxy Resin Still Sticky?
- Why Is My Resin Bendy?
- Why Are There Bare Spots In My Cured Resin?
- What Does Silicone Do To Resin?