How Do I Get Bubbles Out Of Epoxy Resin?Posted on 6 Feb 15:43
It’s your best bet against bubbles every time!
Some More Handy Tips To Prevent Bubbles:
- Seal anything that may contain air, like wood, inkjet prints or paper with a brush on or spray sealant.
- Make sure the resin is warm ( 75-85 F or 24-30C is ideal. )
You can give cold resin a warm water bath if you like by placing the unopened resin and hardener bottles in a warm water bath for 20 minutes or so, drying them off thoroughly before you measure and mix.
- Stir your resin mixture slowly: whipping it will induce more bubbles.
- Pour your resin out slowly and pour close to the surface.
- Pour in thin layers: if you pour too thick, bubbles won’t have a chance to escape to the top or get torched out.
- Always use a torch to get rid of bubbles: heat guns just can’t match the heat of a flame.
If you follow this advice, you should have a bubble-free piece everytime!
ArtResin: Made By Artists For Artists