Yes, ArtResin works great for coasters, but, unfortunately, not so great for hot plates. Here's why: the maximum temperature that cured ArtResin can be exposed to is 120F/50C. Temperatures higher than 120F/50C, such as those from a dish straight out of the oven, may lead to some irreparable damage on your resined surface.
The heat generated from the bottom of a hot mug, on the other hand, is nowhere near that hot so you can go ahead and put it on a coaster without worry!
💡TIP: You can make coasters out of ArtResin on wood, tile, or glass mosaic, you can pour it in a silicone mold, you can even embed objects in it such as rocks, beer caps, shells etc. For more creative inspiration, check out our blog How To Make A Resin Coaster.
Check out how to resin 3D resin flower coasters!
There are all kinds of creative options out there. Just have fun!
Do you want to learn more about using ArtResin epoxy resin? Read our guides below and get informed:
- How To Use ArtResin
- How To Apply Epoxy Resin
- Can I Use Epoxy Resin On Fabric
- Can I Use Epoxy Resin As A Glue
- What Materials Can I Use Epoxy Resin On
- Why Should I Use Support Blocks When Using Epoxy Resin
- Can I use Epoxy Resin Over Paper?
- Can I Embded Objects In Clear Resin?
- Can You Put Epoxy Resin On Polymer Clay?
- Can I use Epoxy Resin Over Organic Material Natural Objects?
- How To Use 10 Gallon Pro Bulk Kit?
ArtResin: Made For Artists, By Artists