You can embed all kinds of objects into epoxy resin - it works great!
There's no limit as to what you can embed into ArtResin: for example, you can embed beer caps, flowers, beads, shells, pennies or coins and many other objects, so let your imagination go!
How to put things in epoxy resin?
- Working in layers no thicker than 1/8", pour an initial layer of resin over the surface of your piece to hold the objects in place.
- Next, with gloved hands drop the objects into the wet resin, in whatever pattern you desire.
- Torch and cover to protect the wet resin from dust.
- Allow it to dry for at least 3-5 hours, then pour a second coat to cover the objects.
- For areas of high relief, you may need to pour multiple coats to cover the objects completely.
We have a couple of step-by-step tutorials on how to embed objects into ArtResin on our YouTube page and on our blog.
We have a great blog and video on how to make coasters:
We also have a blog and video on embedding rocks:
ArtResin: Made For Artists, By Artists!