- How Thick Can I Apply ArtResin Epoxy Resin?
- ArtResin was designed as a surface coating for artwork and formulated to be poured in thin applications. It naturally self-levels to 1/8". You can apply ArtResin as thick as you want, as long as you pour in multiple 1/8" coats.
- You have two choices when pouring multiple layers:
the first is to pour your initial layer, torch out the bubbles, cover and wait 3-5 hours until the ArtResin reaches a jelly like stage. At this point, you can pour on the next 1/8" layer, torch out bubbles, cover, wait 3-5 hrs and repeat until you reach the height you desire. This method is especially handy when pouring into a mold or a dam.
- The second option is to allow the first layer to fully dry, then give the piece an overall light sanding and pour on the next 1/8" layer. Torch out bubbles, cover and let this layer dry. Repeat these steps as many times as you'd like.
- Preparing A Resin Dam With Metal Tape
- Can I Pour A Thick Layer Of Resin On My Artwork?
- Keep in mind that our recommendation of a 72hr cure time is based on a 1/8" layer. The thicker your layers are, the longer the cure time will be. It could take up to 10 days for a full cure, depending on how many layers you've poured.