How To Resin Pyrography/Wood Burned Art
- Wood burn your design directly onto the panel, either creating a design freehand or using carbon paper to trace out a stencil. Once you're happy with your design, you're ready to resin!
- Wearing gloves, measure and mix the ArtResin according to instructions.
💡 TIP: If you're not sure how much ArtResin you need, enter the dimensions of your piece into our Resin Calculator.
- Pour the resin in the center of your artwork and use a flat-edged spreading tool to guide the resin over the entire surface.
- Use an Artist’s Torch to remove bubbles.
- Cover and all the resin to cure. After 24 hours, the resin will be dry to the touch and will be fully cured after 72 hours.
Read our blog How To Resin Wood Burned Art for full, step-by-step instructions!
ArtResin: Made For Artists, By Artists
Using a plain pine frame, stencils, transfer paper and a woodburning tool, and then finishing it off with wood stain and super clear ArtResin epoxy resin, we created a frame that looks like it came straight out of an Irish pub!