How To Resin Oil Pastel
- Create an oil pastel design on the paper of your choice, sized to fit the wood panel (or other sturdy substrate) you plan to use.
- Following the label instructions, apply spray adhesive onto the panel.
- Carefully place the print onto the panel. Start by lining up the side closest to you and slowly lay the rest of the print down.
- Place a piece of glassine paper or parchment paper, cut to size, on top of the artwork.
- Roll a brayer tool to gently burnish the entire surface, removing air bubbles trapped under the paper and ensuring a good, secure bond to the panel.
- Apply a spray sealant and allow it to dry according to the label directions.
💡 TIP: Choose a spray sealant that dries clear, offers UV protection and is safe to use on oil based artwork.
- Wearing gloves, measure and mix the ArtResin according to the instructions.
💡 TIP: If you're not sure how much ArtResin you need, enter the dimensions of your piece into our Resin Calculator.
- Pour the resin in the center of your artwork and use a flat-edged spreading tool to guide the resin over the entire surface.
- Use an Artist’s Torch to remove bubbles.
- Cover and allow the resin to cure. After 24 hours, the resin will be dry to the touch and fully cured after 72 hours.
ArtResin: Made For Artists, By Artists.