How To Resin A Glossy Photo
- Print your photo/image on glossy photo paper sized to fit the panel.
- Mount the print onto the panel using your chosen adhesive - whether it's a spray adhesive, a glue stick, or a brush-on adhesive.
💡 TIP: For optimal results, smooth out any wrinkles or air pockets by either using your hands or gently rolling a brayer over the top. This ensures the paper is securely and evenly attached to the panel, with no air pockets.
- Glossy photos do not typically require a sealant, however some types of photo paper can absorb resin. We advise doing a test first so you know what results to expect before resining your final project. If you decide to use a sealant (either a spray or brush on sealant) choose one that dries clear, offers UV protection and is designated as safe for use with photo prints.
- Wearing gloves, measure and mix the ArtResin according to instructions.
💡 TIP: If you're not sure how much ArtResin you need, enter the dimensions of your piece into our Resin Calculator.
- Pour the resin in the center of your artwork and use a flat-edged spreading tool to guide the resin over the entire surface.
- Use an Artist’s Torch to remove bubbles.
- Cover and all the resin to cure. After 24 hours, the resin will be dry to the touch and will be fully cured after 72 hours.
Read our blog How To Resin A Glossy Photo for full step-by-step instructions!
ArtResin: Made For Artists, By Artists.